Nice and easy to start with. The challenge is to do this quiz from memory, without recourse to your bookshelves.
- What was the original name of the publishers now known as ‘Ladybird’?
- ‘Flight One – Australia’ was part of the Travel Adventure series, 587. How many ‘Travel Adventure’ books were there?
- What was the name of the dog in the Peter and Jane, Keyword reader series?
- In the Puddle Lane series, the colour of the books indicates the level. How many levels are there?
- Which level is orange?
- In the 497 series, what animal was ‘conceited’?
- In which series would you find a story named: ‘Toby and the stout Gentleman’?
- What are the names of the two children in the series 563 stories ‘The Party’ and ‘Shopping with Mother?
- How many of the history titles (series 561) include the word ‘Henry’?
- How many balls did Cinderella attend in the original 606d version?
- Who ‘recounts’ the fairy tales in the 413 series?
- Identify these titles from the covers:
- The original name of the publishers now known as ‘Ladybird’ was Wills and Hepworth.
- There were 6 ‘Flight’ travel adventure books in the series.
- The name of the dog in the Peter and Jane, Keyword reader series was Pat.
- In the Puddle Lane series there were 5 levels.
- Orange was the 3rd level.
- In the 497 series, there was a Conceited Lamb
- A Lazy Rooster
- A Lonely Donkey
- An Inquisitive Harvest Mouse
- A Sleepy Water Vole
- ‘Toby and the stout Gentleman’ is a story from Thomas the Tank Engine.
- The names of the two children in the series 563 stories ‘The Party’ and ‘Shopping with Mother are John and Susan.
- Three of the history titles (series 561) include the word ‘Henry’ – Henry II and Thomas Becket, Henry V and VIII.
- Cinderella attended 3 balls in the original 606d version.
- Auntie Muriel ‘recounts’ the fairy tales in the 413 series.
- The titles of the covers (and I’ll try to make them bigger next time):